Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Attitude Adjustment

Luke had finished playing a game on the computer and told me he was going to turn the computer off.

I said, "Don't turn it off. It is okay to leave it on."
He said, "But I want to turn it off."
I said, calmly, "Don't turn it off."
He said, "I'm just going to turn it off."
I said, not so calmly, "Do Not Turn It Off!"
He said, "Mom, you have an attitude. You need to change it."
I laughed and said, "Why do you think I have an attitude?"
He said, "Because of the way you talk to me."

Oh man, I think I do need an attitude adjustment. But if only he would listen the first time, not the third time!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

LOL. Maybe he needs a hearing adjustment. Toddlers can be so frustrating. you are quite patient.

Me said...

hahahaha that little stinker.

TheOneTrueSue said...

"I'm just going to turn it off."

Hilarious. I laughed out loud.

It starts so early, doesn't it? Oh man.

I'm still laughing.

Damien Stepick said...

you should've asked him how one gets rid of an attitude!

Once again Luke entertains through story telling!

Heather said...

That is funny! What a fun age, huh?

Jamie said...

I'm seriously on the floor laughing right now! Aren't they just the greatest at getting you going! Kayli's new favorite thing is "No, YOU do it"! Gotta love the toddler years!

RC said...

LOVE THIS BLOG. TOO FUNNY, WAY CUTE. STILL LAUGHING ABOUT THIS ONE.

Anonymous said...

That is seriously the funniest thing I have ever heard!