Friday, December 19, 2008

Well, it's about time!

I don't know what my problem is, but I am having such a hard time keeping up with this blog. I know I haven't been very good in the past, but this is pretty bad. Christmas is next week and I still haven't blogged about Thanksgiving. So here it goes...

We had a fun and adventurous Thanksgiving. It started Wednesday with most of my family coming into Vegas that afternoon (one brother stayed in Ohio with his family and their brand new baby and my other brother was in CA) and then another brother and his family arrived Thanksgiving morning. Wednesday night Luke and his cousin learned some ballroom dance moves and I think we might be looking at the next junior Dancing with the Stars champions. :) I have a video of it, but blogger isn't letting me post it. I will have to try again later.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at our house
(An idea of what Thanksgiving dinner looked like and a nice picture of my youngest brother. )
and then Friday morning we loaded up two vans and headed to CA for my brother's wedding.
(this is the brother that got married holding Ashley)

The drive down went well except for Katelyn throwing up after lunch because she was carsick. Sorry, no pictures, but I can assure you it was very gross and it was everywhere.

Friday morning we attended the wedding in the Newport Beach Temple. The weather was beautiful and so was the temple.
(Here's my brother with his beautiful bride)

Katelyn was a flower girl with her cousin Evie and Luke sported the plaid vest.

(I'm not really sure what Luke is doing and of course Katelyn is not smiling. It is a rare thing to get her to smile for a picture.)

Ashley just looked cute.

The fam!

The highlight of the day for Luke was the dancing at the reception. He said his favorite part was when everyone cheered for him and Evie as they danced down the middle. This kid is not shy.
I wish I had a picture of him dancing, but instead I got one of grandpa and Katelyn on the dance floor.
(Once again Katelyn looks like she is really enjoying herself.)





11 comments:

Krista said...

Oh my goodness! Your kids are beautiful!!

Heather said...

i love the photos! your kids are so darling! i love all the wedding outfits too... the dresses are lovely. we got your card today and it's darling. J - O - Y is such a cute idea! Thanks for keeping in touch. I love when you blog too. :)

It's Been a Day! said...

those wedding outfits are darling. your kids look so great. It's always a fun time when your family gets together. i wish I was there to be part of it!!

Wendy said...

It cracks me up that Katelyn resents having her photo taken. You'd think the paparazzi spends all day chasing her.

OH, and I love your Christmas card. So creative.

Kasey said...

The girls look so cute in there dresses and Luke looks so handsome. It must be an age thing with smiling...Colin is just starting to cooperate when we take pictures but it's not too often we get a good smile. Looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving and the wedding turned out nice.

Jason & Claire said...

The kids look so cute in their clothes and I really want to see that video. Sounds VERY entertaining!

Jason & Claire said...

Thanks for the super sweet card with Luke's signature. It's definitely going in my memory book. I love it.

Kirsten said...

I love the family pictures. your kids look so cute. The wedding looks like it was nice. Glad your Thanksgiving was fun!

Winter mama said...

Is wonderful you can spend some time with you family and have fun times together , I love the pictures of you kids and outfits are cute.

Meg said...

it looks like eric and nick wore the same shirt for thanksgiving. they are too cool. :)
I just adore these pictures from the wedding, even though katelyn isn't smiling she is soooo cute and I think luke us trying to be a gangsta or something like that... maybe he gets it from his uncles. and that ashley... well we have already established that she is the most perfect baby. ever.

Kerry and Dave said...

Well, I'm sure you saw our Christmas picture of Lacey NOT smiling so I can relate! I love the Newport Temple - I lived in HB while it was being built, so I watched it go up. I think your new sister-in-law looks like Carrie Underwood!