Friday, April 3, 2009

Today...

My Baby Turns 1


At one years old:
  • loves her binky
  • understands what we are saying to her
  • says "ball", "mo"=more, "wuz dat"=what's that, "wuz dis"=what's this, "mom", "yah"
  • makes a "ruff, ruff" sound for any animal
  • loves to eat
  • doesn't love cow's milk
  • not the best napper and it is killing me (my other two kids took the best naps)
  • she stands by herself & will take a couple of steps
  • uses a stool or anything else she can push to walk around the house
  • loves to "talk" on the phone and will say her version of "hello"
  • loves to play with a ball
  • loves to pull everything out of drawers or buckets
  • finally sleeps through the night
  • only has two teeth, the second one still isn't all the way through
  • likes to wear necklaces and sunglasses

  • she puts her hands up in the air when she is looking for something (see video below, it is towards the end of the video)



She is such a joy to our family!
We love our Ashley!

11 comments:

Amy said...

so cute!! I loved the video! I made me miss you guys really bad. I love how she puts her hands up like that looking for stuff. It seems so me like she does a ton of things for a 1 year old! That is awesome. can't wait to see her soon.

Krista said...

I can't believe she's one!!! She's adorable. Happy Birthday sweetie!!!

Kerry and Dave said...

Those eyes -- beautiful! What a cutie. Hard to believe it's already been a year. They are babies for such a split second. Tanner's not a good napper either. So hard to get anything done!

It's Been a Day! said...

happy birthday! she is seriously such a cutie. can't believe it's been a year already! and i can't believe how many words/phrases she is saying. it's very impressive. i don't think avery says that many words NOW!!

cottrell1 said...

What a cute post, Jess. Loved seeing the kids interact on the video. Katelyn was in big sister mode---"Stand up, stand up!" (: Can't believe it has been a year.
What a sweetheart she is!

Kasey said...

She is just so cute. I think her and Logan would get along so perfectly. They have a lot in common especially their love for those binkies! One of these days I will throw his away....

Amanda said...

What a cute girl! It makes me wish that I could get to know your cute kids.

Winter mama said...

Such a cutie!!! Happy Birthday. She is like Braden he loves his binkies.

Marlise said...

Happy Birthday to Ashley! She is so adorable! Time goes so fast!

Kirsten said...

Wow! They grow so fast, don't they! She is a cutie. Wish she took better naps for you.

Carol said...

is she one already??? when did that happen! she is such a cutie...reminds me a lot of my daughter Kristen at that age.