Looking at that cute face and smile you would think she would be excited about nursery...
but the following picture truly describes her first day in nursery. Even though she was crying to go outside this is exactly what she did in nursery. We let her cry it out for a little bit and then Kevin stayed with her the rest of the time. Luke and Katelyn went to nursery so easily, but we knew Ashley would have a hard time. She is still such a momma's girl.
This is an image I see all day long. :) It's a good thing she is cute!
Ashley's highlights and maybe a few lowlights ;) at 18 months...
- talks a ton and will copy almost any word we say to her (Luke loves to have her repeat words after he says them. He loves to tell everyone he taught her how to talk.)
- she can say some short phrases
- just started saying "thank you" and it sounds so cute
- she can be very polite and says "scuse me" after she burps (she has been doing this for awhile and it still makes me smile each time she says it)
- mimics everything we do
- loves purses and putting things inside them
- loves to be outside
- she's a climber (This is new to me because Luke and Katelyn were never climbers. It is a whole other ball game trying to keep track of her and what she might be standing on.)
- wants to do everything Katelyn does (which doesn't always make Katelyn happy) and gets mad if she can't do it
- likes to hit and scratch :( and it hurts
- knows what to do for timeout
- likes to shut doors
- likes to pretend to go potty on the toilet (because she sees Katelyn doing it)
- LOVES to color and will often say "I color"
- still learning to color only on paper
- sings "Happy Birthday", "Popcorn Popping", and "Ring around the Rosies"
- cries whenever I leave even if she is with daddy
- sleeps well at night and most days will take a good afternoon nap
- loves to play in the toy kitchen and "help" me in the real kitchen
- likes to watch Hi-5 with Katelyn and dance
- doesn't like sitting in the cart at the grocery store anymore
- sometimes has an opinion about what she wears-i finally made her a cute tutu and was hoping to get a picture of her in it, but no such luck. I'm still determined to try and get a picture and it may just have to be a crying picture.
- She is still very attached to her "dinky" and asks for it all the time. I need to get brave and take it away during the day.
- She calls Luke "wuke" and Katelyn "Ka-ten"
She definitely keeps us on our toes with her spunky personality. We love our Ashley and have had fun watching her change so much in the last 18 months.
23 lbs. 14 oz.
32 inches tall