Sunday, July 29, 2012

Our BIG Miracle

A little over 2 weeks ago on July 12th at 10:31pm,  Connor Brent was born weighing 10lbs and about 22 inches long.  The hospital measured him at 22 3/4 inches and the doctor's office measured him at 21 1/2 inches long.  So we will just say about 22inches. :)

We feel extremely grateful that he made it here safely.  I went to the hospital at 9am on the 12th to be induced.  It was a very slow process because Connor would not drop.  It took me all day and into the night to get to a 10 and ready to deliver.  The nurses did not feel comfortable breaking my water because Connor had still not dropped and they worried about the cord coming out first.  So around 10pm my doctor made it to the hospital and broke my water.    Soon after, he discovered that Connor was in the posterior position (face up) and that was why he wouldn't drop.  After several attempts the doctor was able to turn him, but not without Connor's heart rate dropping.  I could see the look of concern on my doctor's face as he said to the nurse to get the operating room ready.  Luckily I was able to avoid the operating room.

After he was finally turned, it was time to push and it was probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  I was so grateful for the epidural.  Connor's shoulder got stuck and then they had to use the vacuum to help get him out.  When he finally made it out he wasn't breathing and they rushed to give him oxygen.  The oxygen did its job and I finally heard my baby's cry.  The best sound ever and my own tears starting coming.

I could feel the many prayers on mine and Connor's behalf that he would make it here safely.  I am so grateful to have this sweet miracle here and part of our family.


                                            Holding Connor for the first time.


                                                   Daddy's turn.

                                                 Katelyn's turn.

                                Luke's turn.  He kept saying, "I can't believe I have a brother."

                                             Ashley's turn.

                                                 First family pic of all 6 of us.

                             Even though he is big, he still looks little in his daddy's arms.

                                                       Ready to go home.

                                            We are so in love with this sweet baby boy!

14 comments:

Sarah said...

What a sweet family you have. And way to go on that delivery!!

janelle said...

Congratulations!! he is so darn cute!!!! Scary delivery!!

Krista said...

He is so cute!! So sorry about your delivery!! That is so hard. I'm so happy for you and your family! Congrats!
And I totally love his car seat cover!!!

Kerry and Dave said...

Jessica, he is so, so cute. Most newborns just look red and "squished" but he is BEAUTIFUL!! Huge congratulations to you!! I cannot believe you gave birth to a 10 POUND baby!! You are my hero!! They induced me with Tanner because the doctor said he thought he was getting too big for me to be able to deliver vaginally, but he was "only" 8# 11 oz. Anyway, congratulations on your big miracle :))

Brandon and Shelley said...

I am so glad that he is here safe. Wow what a labor experience. I am glad everyone is ok. Congrats! He's a cutie.

Carol said...

he is the cutest!!!!!
i'm sorry you had such a difficult delivery but so glad everything turned out all right in the end ;)

Marilyn Abney said...

What a wonderful "sharing" of your cute family. Your baby is adorable and so precious. It was so hard not to hold him because of my illness the other night. Those 10 pounders are my kind of baby!!!

You have a beautiful family, Jess. You are a beautiful mother and person. Love you. Enjoy these years, although challenging, they will go by way to fast.

The Sawaya Family: said...

Oh, Jess! I am so glad he is here! And if yours in anything like my 10 pounder you are in for a TON of fun!! I have been thinking about you lots and lots!!

The Sawaya Family: said...

Oh, Jess! I am so glad he is here! And if yours in anything like my 10 pounder you are in for a TON of fun!! I have been thinking about you lots and lots!!

Marlise said...

Way to go, Jess! A couple of things about Connor's birth reminded me of Colton's. I'm glad things turned out and you guys are well. The wonderful thing about big babies is that they tend to eat well and sleep well. I hope that is the case for Connor! Handsome boy!!

Katie Moore said...

Hi,

I just had a quick question in regards to your website. If you could email me at your convenience that would be great!



Thanks,

Katie

Anonymous said...

[url=http://cyclosporine.webs.com]sandimmun neoral lösung
[/url] ciclosporina mecanismo de accion
cyclosporine blood test
sandimmun pret

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]virazole online
[/url] virazole online
purchase virazole
copegus buy online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buy-methylprednisolone.webspawner.com/]medrol zakaj se uporablja
[/url] medrol dose pack missed dose
buying Medrol 8 mg
methylprednisolone missed a dose