Saturday, April 19, 2008

Three Kids

Life with three kids is definitely an adjustment, but one I am very grateful to be working through on most days. :) This week will be the real test for me. The first ten days I had my mom here and then a couple of trial days by myself until Kevin's mom came for a few days this past week. So far Ashley has been a very good, sweet baby. Luke had a couple hard days adjusting at the beginning, but has really turned into a great helper for me. Katelyn was fine when we first brought Ashley home, but now is showing major signs of jealousy. She wants me to do everything for her or wants me to hold her right when Ashley needs to eat. If things don't happen Katelyn's way then the crying begins and lasts for a long time. It is hard to reason with a 20 month old little girl. :)

Here are some recent pictures...


My good friend gave the kids these cute "big brother", "big sister", and "little sister" shirts. I really wanted a picture of all three of them wearing their shirts to possibly use for a baby announcement, but not everyone was cooperating. This was one of the better ones. :) This was taken when Ashley was 9 days old.


Ashley at 11 days old.

I took this picture today. She is now 16 days old. At her first doctor's visit at one week old she only weighed 8lbs 14 oz (still not back to her birth weight). But at her two week visit she was up to 9lbs 10 oz. That's my girl!

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh! She is so precious! I know you are probably exhausted and busy but thanks for posting the darling pictures.

Kasey said...

Jessica, she is so cute! I just want to come see her so I can pinch her cheeks! And I love the bow in her hair, the pink, stuff I will never get to do. Trevor is having surgery tomorrow (Monday) but maybe we'll come by this week to visit and bring by some diapers and wipes. I know you'll be needing them!

Jason & Claire said...

That last picture of her is absolutely precious. Luke was SO proud today. He told everyone about being a big brother and "his" new baby.

Wendy said...

That last photo is beautiful. I say you use that one! Hopefully Katelyn's jealousy will pass... soon!

Anonymous said...

It is hard not to be the "baby" anymore. I hope Ashley continues to have the sweet, even disposition she has now. It was wonderful to spend a few days with your family, hugging and loving your darling little ones.

Me said...

oh those are just too sweet. They all look adorable in the pic all together.

TheOneTrueSue said...

She is so beautiful and sweet. I wanted to hold her for approximately one BILLION years.

Just not at night. You can hold her at night ;>

It's Been a Day! said...

jess - she is so darling! she looks like a little sweetheart! i bet it was so nice to have your mom down there to help!

Marlise said...

Jess--she is beautiful! I love your family! I'm so excited for you--you are such a wonderful mother!

Krista said...

Absolutely adorable!!

jan said...

How precious! It is so much fun keeping up with your family through your blog. Sure love you, jan

Heather said...

she is so precious.
she makes me want another one!

And welcome to the world of three.
it's a bit tougher once they out number you, but it's so worth it.

Congrats!