Monday, April 28, 2008

Feeling Very Grateful

I am so grateful for all the help we have received from friends and family since Ashley was born.
Thank you for...
  • the visits
  • the yummy dinners
  • the cute outfits and blankets
  • inviting my kids over to play
  • the phone calls
  • the yummy treats
  • helping me with my calling
  • the nice comments on my blog
  • fun cards and gifts in the mail
It is overwhelming to me how much people have helped. I hope to be as helpful and kind in return.

I am also so grateful for my three kids who keep me going every day. They wear me out most days, but what a blessing they are in my life. I have come across a few blogs lately where the mothers of very sick babies have been documenting their experiences. The daily hospital visits, the ups and downs of their baby's progress, the surgeries, the yearning to hold their babies, etc. It makes me teary just thinking about it. I am amazed at the strength of these mothers and families. It makes me want to be more patient and loving to my children and to cherish them.

I don't even know if what I have said makes sense, but I just wanted to express my gratitude and type out some of the things I have felt lately.

8 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

I'm grateful for you, Jess! I think you are great. I hope you are continuing to adjust to life with 3!

Carol said...

Hey Jess, Carol here. Your new sweetie is so cute. Congrats! I totally agree with you at being so thankful for our healthy little ones. I'm glad you have felt so blessed at this time.

TheOneTrueSue said...

The first couple of months when you're sleep deprived and trying to juggle are so hard, but you have such a great attitude, Jess. What a great post.

By the way, I'm grateful for a darling little niece to borrow during Sunday School. And I'm grateful that you let me borrow your kids now and then so that mine will have someone to play with. I feel so lucky to be living close by enough for Luke, Jake and Emma to be able to play together.

Me said...

Thanks for sharing your gratitude. This was such a sweet post.

Heather said...

This is such a sweet post.

Kasey said...

You did the same for us when Logan was born. It's nice to have friends we know we can count on to be there and who seem to call just when we need it. And belive me, when Luke is over here playing it makes my life easier because it keeps them all busy.

Kerry and Dave said...

First of all, I just have to say that I just looked at all the pictures from the blog posting just before this and your little girl is SO CUTE! And secondly, I am so totally impressed that with 3 little kids, you are keeping up with the blogging - you go girl!

Jason & Claire said...

Very sweet- thanks for sharing your feelings.