Monday, January 19, 2009

I Have a 5 Year Old Now

Turned 5 on January 16th
Really? How can he already be five? Five just sounds so grown up to me and I am having a hard time with it. :)
5 Things about Luke
1. He is such a good big brother.
2. He helps me out so much and usually does it without complaining.
3. He loves to ask hard questions and many times I don't have the answers.
4. He is very creative when it comes to playing.
5. He is so picky when it comes to eating.


We have decided to just have a birthday party for our kids on their even birthdays so this was Luke's year to just have a family party, but I don't think he was disappointed. He was so excited about his presents and got to go to Chuck E Cheese to eat and play. He wanted a Bolt (the disney movie) cake so I just made a chocolate cake and put a lighting bolt on it with icing. Nothing fancy, but he thought it was pretty cool.

(Opening a birthday present)


(Playing a game at Chuck E. Cheese)


Through The Years
This is for me and the grandparents. :) I love seeing how much he has changed.


I love my Luke!

12 comments:

Kasey said...

I'm glad he had a good birthday! Trevor had so much fun...he is still talking about it! We'll see Luke Friday when he comes to play.

Kirsten said...

Awww! You have a five year old! He was a really cute newborn! I love that picture. He's a cutie!

TheOneTrueSue said...

Happy Birthday Luke! He's getting so big, and he looks so much like Kevin! I can't believe how big all of our kids are getting.

It's Been a Day! said...

happy birthday luke! i remember when he was born. chuck e cheese is a great place. tyson loves it - and i have to admit that i dont' mind playing a few games of ski ball as well!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Luke Duke! Ready for kindergarten, and his teacher will LOVE him because he is so smart! I wish he could be in my class!

Jason & Claire said...

What a sweet little birthday boy. Give him hugs from his old sunbeam teacher. I love all of the old pictures.

cottrell1 said...

Thanks for posting, Jess. I loved Luke's walk down memory lane. What a sweet boy and wonderful grandson. Yes, it is hard to believe I have a 5 year old grandchild!! (:

Heather said...

He is so cute!!! Happy Birthday! 5 is such a fun age!!!

Me said...

Happy late Birthday Luke! 5 is such a big one, I think. They are starting to be in a whole new age bracket, ya know. He's such a sweet, smart boy.

Kerry said...

Happy Birthday Luke! You and my Lacey have birthdays just a week a part. How fun :) The last time I saw you, you were the size of that little baby -- the first picture your mom posted. Time flies!

Linde said...

Happy birthday! I have always loved his name:) What a cutie. It is fuuny how he looks the same but just bigger! Love it.

Winter mama said...

Te estas haciendo grande girl!! He is so grown up, he is so adorable.
And tell him Happy Birthday!!