Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Katelyn turned 3 on August 8th

One of Katelyn's birthday requests was to have a "cone shaped party hat"! So she found one on the table right when she came downstairs in the morning and put it on. I think she is pretty pleased in this picture.

Katelyn had two birthday parties to go to on Saturday and none of them were her own party, but she still loved it. This was her year for a small family party. So we went out to breakfast at the Pancake House, then she went to a friend's birthday party, opened a few presents, had lunch, opened a few more presents, had cake, watched a movie, went to dinner at Taco Bell (her choice), and then went to her uncle's 30th birthday party! Quite the day for a new 3 year old I think!
Eating breakfast at the Pancake House. Party hats and all!

She has wanted pom poms forever and so she finally got some for her birthday. Here she is doing a birthday cheer for us.


Her favorite present was a princess castle. She has been into the whole princess thing lately so we kind of went with that theme for her "party".

My super easy version of a princess cake. Katelyn loved it and now she has some princesses for toys.

Enjoying some cake!


Really enjoying her cake now! So much easier than using a fork.


This is my Katelyn over the past 3 years. I like to take a picture by their birthday sign each year. This year Katelyn was so wiggly and would not stand still. If I knew how to do a small collage I would show you the many different photos I got of her. The last one here was the best one and it is still blurry.




Looking back at these pictures makes me miss my kids as babies and I can't believe how much she has changed from a year ago.

Three things about my Katelyn:
1. She has so much spunk and amazes me with her energy.
2. She loves to draw and color. Usually on paper, but sometimes on herself.
3. She loves to line things up... like her toys, her crayons, or anything she is playing with at the time.


12 comments:

Amy said...

jess, i love how you show the pictures of past b-days. I love Miss Katelyn she is so fun and such a cutie. I love the cake idea with the toys on top.

Carol said...

happy birthday to her! they grow up way too fast don't they?!!! love your little daddy interviews, they are so funny.

Kirsten said...

Wow! Can you believe it's been 3 years?? I remember meeting you at the park when she was like a week old. I love that little princess castle!

It's Been a Day! said...

3 already? i can't believe that! loving the pom poms. I'm sure your mom has some cheers she could teach katelyn!! and i'm with her - taco bell is a perfect dinner choice!

Kerry and Dave said...

Happy Birthday, Katelyn! I was laughing when you said that you miss your kids as babies when you look at the pictures because I always say and feel that too and Dave thinks it sounds so ridiculous to say that I miss a person that is still right there in front of me. But the BABY version of her ISN'T right there in front of me! I'm glad you get it :)

Krista said...

Ahhh...Happy Birthday!! I too can't believe she is 3!! Crazy how time flies! Cute cake!

TheOneTrueSue said...

She's so big!!! I can't believe how fast the time went. She's such a cutie pie.

Kasey said...

All that girly stuff! So cute and fun. I'm glad she had a good birthday - sorry I kept forgetting to ask my mom about an apron! Maybe for Christmas?

Wendy said...

Happy birthday Katelyn!! I love that she chose Taco Bell for her dinner restaurant. Does she love the Double Decker tacos there? (Does anyone NOT love those?) I wish we were closer to you guys, she and Jules could play princesses together for hours!

Winter mama said...

I love the cake you made you have such a good imagination. Happy birthday to her.

cottrell1 said...

She looks much older than a 3 year old. What a pretty face. I loved the cake, Jess---clever. I remember so well holding her as a tiny baby. Can't stand that she is growing up. Thanks for sharing her day.

Anonymous said...

Three is such a wonderful age! Katelyn is so full of fun, energy, and love. I think she is destined for great things. Happy birthday, little sweetie.