Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine Overload

I'm not sure why I got so into Valentine's this year, but I did and I was done with the holiday by the time it actually came.

We had a FHE at the beginning of the month and wrote on hearts what we loved about each other. Got the idea from here.

One of Luke's hearts.
One of Katelyn's hearts.

Ashley's contribution which I'm sure says I love my mom so much that I need her to hold me all the time. ;)

We peeled the paper off a bunch of crayons to make a Valentine for all of Luke's kindergarten class and Katelyn's preschool class.

This was the result. Idea found here.
We did some heart braids.
Made some easy teacher gifts.
Made some yummy heart treats that got me off of my trying to eat better plan.

These were for a Valentine party at a friends house where all my kids were invited.

Ashley enjoyed licking the spoon and eating all the chocolate that was around the house. She was also heard saying, "I need chockit (chocolate)." Just like her mother. :)
These were for my Laurels because they needed a heart treat on Valentine's day. :)

Valentine's day finally came and I was burned out. So Kevin and I just gave each other a card and he was sweet and gave me some pretty flowers. Kevin also made the kids heart waffles in the morning, but Luke wanted Honey Nut Cheerios instead. At least Kevin tried.
Katelyn loved her waffles. Can't you tell by the cheesy smile?

And I attempted to get a picture of the kids for a Valentine to send to the grandparents. I didn't end up using this picture but did make some Valentines that I still need to send. If it makes it there before the end of Feb. I will be happy.
I was practically standing on my head trying to get them to all look, all smile, and to all have their eyes open. It didn't work. Oh well!

p.s. I just had to add(so that I have record of it :) ) that Kevin and I did go out to a nice dinner on Friday night and saw the water show at the Bellagio. We had a great time! So I guess we did celebrate Valentine's day, just not on the actual day.

14 comments:

aniC said...

Wow, you did go all out! That's so awesome. I especially love Katelyn's heart braids, and the chocolate. Made me want to make some brownies.

Jason & Claire said...

I love the FHE idea- very sweet. It's fun to go all out sometimes. Standing on your head must have worked. They look adorable in their valentines picture;)

Doralee said...

You are amazing to do all of that for Valentines. I usually run out to Wal Mart two days before Valentines and my kids pick a box to share at school. You're my hero!

Wendy said...

That last picture is cute. and wow, you really got into it this year. How many of those crayon hearts did you make? (and how many crayons did it take?)

Jess said...

Wendy,
We made 40 crayon hearts and it took two boxes of crayons plus some old crayons that were already broken. They are really easy to make and my kids have had fun coloring with the ones we didn't pass out. It is a good way to use up old/broken crayons.

Winter mama said...

Great job Jess!! you are such a great mom. The picture is adorable.

Marlise said...

What an awesome February! You are amazing!

sodapop said...

such good looking children. loved the chocolate face.

Chandra said...

look at you getting all creative!! So cute! I was the opposite this year, though i did decorate my entry table. The braids were adorable!!

Jamie Lynn said...

Holy Martha! You are fabulous! Such a great domestic mom! Love all the ideas, the brownies are making my mouth water! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!! ;)

Kasey said...

Cute stuff! You are so creative and crafty. I just got my kids some new notebooks so they could draw at church and some M&M's. Someday I'll be more like you and make Valentine's day fun! But then, with no other girls in the house does it really matter?

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Ashley! She and I must be related. You are such a wonderful mom Jessica.

Heather said...

you rock!

TheOneTrueSue said...

HOW AWESOME ARE YOU??!!

My poor kids. I dyed their scrambled eggs pink, got them some chocolate and called it a day.