Thursday, September 2, 2010

About 3 weeks...

is all that separated Luke's kindergarten school year and the beginning of 1st grade. I guess that's what happens when you are in year round school and you get the track that takes a couple weeks break in June and then you are in school until August. (That was a really long sentence, but I don't feel like fixing it. :) ) So here is Luke graduating from Kindergarten...
We loved Luke's kindergarten teacher! She was an amazing teacher and so fun. The graduation was so cute, complete with walking in one at a time, singing some fun songs, and then receiving their kindergarten completion certificates. My mom happened to be here visiting during this time so she was able to attend and that made it extra special for Luke.


And now here he is on the first day of school as a first grader!


This week has felt like the longest week ever. Katelyn really misses Luke. The afternoon is especially long for her because that was when she and Luke would play while Ashley naps. I'm sure it will be easier next week when she starts afternoon preschool twice a week. But despite the long week, Luke has had a smile on his face everyday after school and says things are going well. He likes his teacher and says that lunch, recess, and PE are his favorite parts so far.

5 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Summer was so short! It's funny though because I was ready for him to be back in school. ;)

Luke looks like such a stud on his first day. I'm glad he's loving his teacher and PE!

Anonymous said...

When I first saw the title of this post I thought you were announcing a pregnancy. Like "3weeks pregs". But thinking about it not many people post when they are just 3 weeks pregnant... Unless your me j/k :)

Jess said...

Haha Veronica that's so funny! After I posted it that thought came to my mind that someone might think I was announcing something. :)

Kerry and Dave said...

Jess, he looks so grown up! I can't believe that is the same little boy that I saw when he was just a couple months old. I hope you had a wonderful time with your mom!

mom2nine said...

A couple of hours to yourself is a great reward for being such a great mom! Katelyn and Luke look wonderful!