Friday, November 9, 2007

Who would have thought...

  • that I would still be dressing my kids in shorts and t-shirts at the beginning of November? (not to mention that their shorts and t-shirts are starting to get to small, but I have to make them work)
  • that the innocent runny noses we all had last Saturday would turn into horrible colds and coughs accompanied with throwing up and lack of sleep?
  • that this would feel like the longest week of my life? (I will blame this feeling on being sick and confined to the house.)
  • that brownies make you feel better when you are sick? Luke knew this when he asked if we could make brownies. He said, "I think brownies will help us feel better." Boy, was he right, at least for the moment while I was eating the brownie.
  • that Katelyn would be such a good helper with the laundry? I didn't and I am usually trying to shoo her away as she pulls all the folded clothes off the couch and puts them back in the basket. This time I had her hand me the clothes out of the basket. She even took the time to shake the wrinkles out of the clothes before handing them to me. I hope her love for doing laundry stays with her and she can take over for me. :)

10 comments:

aniC said...

i wish i was still dressing in shorts and t-shirts.
and luke is really smart to know that brownies would make you feel better. any kind of chocolate does the trick for me!

TheOneTrueSue said...

Oh, I hope you are all feeling better now! I always forget that my kids are old enough to learn how to do certain things. It doesn't occur to me to teach them to vaccuum or dust or anything.

The weather here has been gorgeous too - -not shorts and t-shirts, but solid mid sixties.

Heather said...

Cute post.

Sorry you guys are all sick. I feel for ya, it's sick central around here too!

I should try brownies!

It's Been a Day! said...

we are still in t-shirts and shorts and loving it. i'm glad the week is over for you, jess. i hate weeks like that!

Anonymous said...

Aren't brownies some sort of universal cure all? Now that Katelyn can help fold, teach Luke to sort lights from darks. Next think you know, you'll be able to sit back and watch.

Wendy said...

Oh, sad! I hope you guys are better now.

I think I'll have to try and let Jules give me clothes out of the basket- she too loves to take them off the couch and drag them around.

Yeah, I can't believe you guys are having eighty-degree weather. I'm kind of dreading moving back to it.

Me said...

Im so sorry you all have been sick. We've been cooped up with bad cold, too, but thankfully it hasn't led to puking. I should try brownines to get everyone feeling better.

And seriously, the weather!! Can it just be fall already?!

Marlise said...

Jessica, I have tagged you - to find out what that means go to my blog and see! LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

I am beginning to believe in global warming. You are in the 80's, and we are in the 60's! No snow, just sun, sun, sun! At this rate we will have only three months of winter here in the mountains. And next summer we will not be able to bathe or water our lawns. I might as well live in Vegas.

Kerry and Dave said...

I'll tell you what I think.... that you are amazing for posting a blog when you are throwing up and not sleeping! You're going to be able to handle this "3 kids ages 4 and under" no problem!