Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's Been Almost a Month...

since I have posted anything. I have wanted to post throughout December the fun things we did to get in the mood for Christmas and just other fun things, but then I never felt like actually sitting down and doing it. Now it is seems too overwhelming to post it all, but I am going to try and do little snippets (is that a word?). So here is a rundown for "journaling" purposes:
  • went on the Santa train ride in Boulder City-it was windy and cold, but fun-Luke loved it
  • made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers
  • went to Ethel M Factory and saw their light display
  • I attended a great Relief Society Enrichment at the church
  • celebrated Kevin's birthday
  • went on a date with my husband
  • attended the Ward Christmas party
  • went to a babysitting co-op Christmas party for the kids
  • celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas day with Kevin's side of the family
  • Luke's favorite Christmas present was his Transformers and Katelyn's favorite was the play kitchen
  • ate way too many sweets, but loved it
  • celebrated New Year's Eve quietly as a family with a fun movie night
That is all I can remember right now. Here are some random pictures from the month:

Spent the majority of the month keeping Katelyn away from the decorations. She only managed to break a few. (I can't figure out why blogger is underlining this and I can't turn it off.)








Luke and I made a gingerbread house together and this is how it turned out.








I am glad they had Santa at the ward Christmas party because I didn't have the energy to take them to the mall to see Santa. Katelyn was crying before she sat on Santa's lap because she wanted a candy cane. She stopped crying as soon as she sat on his lap. The picture doesn't show it, but Luke was so excited to see Santa.





Christmas Sunday attire.









The kids were shepherds in the nativity we did with Kevin's family on Christmas Eve. Luke looks like a scared shepherd and this was as far as we got with Katelyn. I think she was pretty tired at this point.












Christmas morning!

11 comments:

Me said...

I love the recap! It's good to see you back. I know what you mean though, after being gone awhile it is overwhelming to start blogging again.

Oh my gosh, the kids in their Christmas church clothes! Aaahh, so cute! And what a good mom you are doing gingerbread houses with Luke.

We had such a good time with you on Christmas & Christmas Eve.

TheOneTrueSue said...

Wow, you did so much! No wonder you had no time to write about it - you were to busy actually DOING it all. Love Katelyn's Sunday dress, so cute!

It was so great to see you at Christmas. I could NOT believe how big Katelyn is!

Amanda said...

What a fun and busy month! I love Katelyn's dress - so pretty. Have a great new year!

aniC said...

yaaay! you're back! all of the pictures are SO cute. but i think my favorite is the one with them dressed up in their christmas sunday clothes, and the one with katelyn standing at her kitchen. i love it.

Wendy said...

Your December sounded fun. Date nights? What are those? You'll have to explain how this babysitting co-op works, because I think I need to start one. It involves getting out of the house for a night once in a while without having to pay some teenager $7 an hour to talk on her cell phone and watch inappropriate shows on cable, right?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jess said...

Wendy,
The babysitting co-op is during the day from 9-12 in the morning. There are 10 moms in my ward that are involved. For example, I have every other Wednesday from 9-12 when moms can drop off their kids. They have to call before hand and I determine how many kids I can handle. It is really nice for running errands or cleaning the house, etc. and gives the kids a place to play. I wish I could figure something out for date nights. Because it is so expensive to get a babysitter and actually go on a fun date.

It's Been a Day! said...

looks and sounds like a fantastic holiday. thanks for the christmas card. loved it. hope you are feeling good!!

Heather said...

Loved the re-cap. Sometimes that is all it takes. Just little "snippets" to help you remember. I'm glad you had such a wonderful month!

greg & allyson said...

great pics, jess. katelyn is looking old in her christmas outfit.

Jason & Claire said...

Jessica-I love that nativity idea for Christmas Eve. My kids would like that more than reading the story alone. It looks like you guys had a great Christmas season. Your pictures are adorable!