Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Funny Kids

(Are you all shocked? A post one day after another. I think that might be a record for me.)

Today while we were doing our grocery shopping, Luke was sitting in the shopping cart car watching me get some bananas. When I was walking back to the cart he said, "When are you going to take that tummy off?" It made me laugh. If only it were that easy. I would love to take it off on some of the days and just get a little break from the lower back pains.


Here are two pictures of Katelyn and the adventures of feeding yourself.
Apparently, it is important to wear goggles while feeding yourself yogurt especially if you are still in the learning stage. (She wanted the goggles on before her snack and then insisted on having them on during her snack.)




This is why you don't leave your child for even a second while ketchup is involved w/the meal. I got the ketchup away from her right before it became hair gel.

15 comments:

sodapop said...

i'm loving those goggles.

Anonymous said...

She know that yogurt in the eyes is not much fun. Safety first!

Krista said...

Those goggles are adorable!!

Megs said...

The goggles made my morning. Safety first!

It's Been a Day! said...

i always wear protective eye gear while eating. if you have seen me eat, you know why. i'm a maniac!!

she's so dang cute!

Me said...

WHOA, 2 posts in one day. Yay for us!

You made me laugh out loud with Luke asking you when you are going to take off your belly. hahahaha! It's funny how they think.

TheOneTrueSue said...

I'd like to take my tummy off. Love the goggles.

Growin' Like Weeds said...

And this is why we need to blog more, b/c of these funny moments!!!

Wendy said...

The goggles are awesome. I hear you on the ketchup thing. It seems whenever there's a tomatoey product in the meal, Jules has to get it everywhere. She can eat all sorts of stuff with very little mess, but add some tomato sauce to the equation and there's going to be some serious clean-up.

Jamie Lynn said...

YAY! I'm so proud of you for two posts in a row! Those goggles are too funny, I love it!

Amanda said...

One time we were getting ready to go swimming and I rubbed sunblock all over my 2 year old. I sat her down to eat some yogurt while I got the other kids ready. I guess she thought the yogurt was more sunscreen because she rubbed it all over her legs! The adventures of feeding toddlers!

Jason & Claire said...

My kids STILL ask me when I am going to take my belly off. Super sweet pictures.

Heather said...

Goggles!!! That cracks me up!!!

Maybe I should try that. It seems like everytime I go to a Mexican Restuarant, while I am eating the chips and salsa, a bit of the chip will go flying off and land right in my eye!!! I need chip goggles! I don't think people would think it was as cute if I wore them though!

Kerry and Dave said...

Keep up the daily posts :)

Alida B. said...

The goggles are spectacular!!! :)

The place I got my Ultrasound is called Baby's First Image, they were wonderful. I have the # if you wanna make an appt.