Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E?

KATELYN!


I love this little girl, but she is giving me a run for my money.
Friday night while watching a movie she decided the popcorn would taste better dumped all over the couch. She also thought she should eat the whole bowl of popcorn and almost did.
She knows that when I am feeding the baby I can't get to her as fast or at all. So, this is what has happened over the past week...
  • coloring with crayon on the tile in my bathroom
  • water spilled all over the kitchen floor and laughing while she is doing it
  • climbing up on the chairs and then screaming for help to get down even though she can get down herself
  • pulling all the kleenex out of the box to "blow" her nose
  • using several wipes to also blow her nose (I don't mind if she uses one or two, but when she goes through 3 or more it bugs me because we go through wipes so fast at our house.)
  • playing in the bathroom sink and coming away soaking wet
  • I have tried giving her something to do like playing with playdoh or coloring, but that usually ends up with her throwing everything on the floor.
I realize that some of these things I can prevent by thinking ahead, but when I am sleep deprived and the baby is crying, all I can think to do is feed the baby. I have started locking the bathroom door and putting on a show for her or having her get some books and that has helped a little. I also realize that she is doing this because she needs more attention, I'm working on it.

A couple days ago I painted her toenails and she just loved it. It was so cute! Then on Sunday she wanted to have curlers in her hair like mom. I love these girly moments and she does too!
(She wanted the curlers, but she didn't want to take a picture with me. I'm pretty much holding her down on my lap. Anything for a picture!)


14 comments:

aniC said...

but how could you be mad at that face? haha. i'd really love to see the shows you are putting on for her. perhaps at the family reunion?
hopefully it gets better soon. or you become immune to it soon.

It's Been a Day! said...

don't you love how they act out right when you are in the middle of nursing? tyson used to act out when i was rocking avery to sleep and he knew i couldn't come over and stop him. kids - what stinkers!! but she sure is a cute one.

Kasey said...

I feel for you. Trevor and Colin usually decide when I feed Logan it's a great time to fight with one another! I know everyone says not to do it but TV and computer games are a lifesaver for me! If it keeps them quiet so I can take care of the baby I am all for it.

Jess said...

Anitra,
When I said "shows", I didn't mean I put on a show, but that I put on a TV show. Katelyn calls them "shows" and now that is how I refer to them. But if you really want I'm sure I could put on a show at the family reunion. :)

aniC said...

oh...well that's disappointing (c: haha. but if you're game, we'd all enjoy it i'm sure.

Megs said...

She sounds like a smart little girl and I love that she can eat a whole bowl of popcorn. She and i would get along great!!

TheOneTrueSue said...

giggle The first few months are just juggle, juggle, juggle, destruction, destruction, destruction. Hang in there.

Me said...

oooh that second child can be a stinker at this stage. Kyle acted out at first too, but it got better fast. I think they just don't know what to make of things for a few months. good luck!

Anonymous said...

She seems to be smart and creative and full of energy, traits that will serve her well later in life. Now if mom can just endure long enough to see the benefits. When we talk about the simple joys of childhood, you notice no tells the mother's side of the story!

Growin' Like Weeds said...

Jess, you are such a good mom, and it is very hard, alot of the time, but people keep telling me that it won't last foever, so enjoy. But when you are sleep deprived it does feel like the messes will never end.

I want to see your hair curled!!!

chanel said...

Hi Jess! How have I not checked your blog since lil Ashley arrived???? SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! I am totally jealous! I want to know what the maddness if three kids is like, really it sounds like you're doing an amazing job. Holly tells me all the time what a great mom you are! Just taking little moments with the polish and curlers is sooooo AWESOME! And loved the holding down for a picture- priceless!! You get your moment!!! :)
Belated COngrats!! And ps you look FABULOUS!

Jamie Lynn said...

She is too funny! I love it.......I totally expect you to write a post like this about your BOY, but it makes it that much funnier that it's your girl. hee hee Gotta love those "girly" moments too.......I LIVE for those!

Jason & Claire said...

Oh man! I feel your pain! I have told way too many people how wonderful Anneliese is. She poured 2 gallons of milk on my carpet last week. I think we are replacing the carpet. She's definitely giving me a run for my money. This too shall pass and we will miss these moments!

Jodi said...

Now that the new baby is here, I think she is making sure you know she is still here. That's my unofficial, unlicensed psychological evaluation. She is one cute little trouble maker!