Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yo Gabba Gabba and Almost a Smile

Have you heard of this show? Definitely not my favorite, but every now and then we come across it and my kids love to watch it. Well, today we came across it and I let them watch while I was feeding Ashley. (Katelyn actually sat and watched and didn't get into any trouble.) Anyway, there is this green, striped monster thing with really long arms that sings a song about a party in his tummy. When he is done eating his lunch the vegetables are left on his plate crying. (I know, it is a weird show.)
Okay, step away from the show for a minute. I have really been trying to get Luke to eat more fruits and veggies. He will basically only eat bananas(sometimes), carrots, and green beans(sometimes). I always put a little of the veggie on his pla
te at dinner hoping he will someday like them.
So last night we had peas. I made him eat two hidden in his mashed potatoes. It was torture for him, but he finally did it. But that was it, no more peas were eaten.
Return to the show. After the party in the tummy song I thought maybe I could use this song to my advantage. This is how the conversation with Luke went...

Me: Why are the veggies crying?
Luke: Because they want to go the party in his tummy.
Me: Why do they want to go to the party?
Luke: Because they are healthy and good for us. (He definit
ely knows the right answer.)
Me: Do you think the peas that you didn't eat last night were sad?
Luke: Yeah

Me: Will you try to eat more veggies next time?
Luke: I don't know.
Me: Why?
Luke: Because they do not have an invitation to the par
ty.
Me: (laughing so hard)
My plan was foiled.



She was smiling at me, but I kept missing it. This was the closest I could get, a little half-smile.



20 comments:

aniC said...

ohmygosh! that is the sweetest picture! she is such a pretty, perfect little baby.

Kasey said...

Why are kids so smart? That is just the best answer he could have given you, right? I always tell Trevor and Colin that Spiderman (or whoever they like at the moment) loves eating broccoli (or wahtever veggie we're having that night) because it gives them big muscles. It worked sometimes. Cute picture of Ashley...I love when they first start to smile! Oh, and I hate that show too...isn't the host guy so weird?

TheOneTrueSue said...

That's hilarious! Luke is one smart little cookie.

I refuse to let my kids watch that show. It makes me have seizures.

Krista said...

I've never heard of that show but that is hilarious. Kids are so smart. Let me know if you find a way to get him to eat them;) Very adorable pic of Ashley!!

Anonymous said...

Luke i remarkable...what a perfect reply. It is going to be hard to outsmart him. And Ashley looks so sweet! Maybe she will like veggies.

Heather said...

what a cute picture.

My daughter likes that show too. I don't get it. I don't know why they make shows for children that parents just don't get. I guess it's because my kids are smarter than me!!!

Me said...

that was awesome. He is so witty!! A Hutchings boy to the core.

Kerry and Dave said...

Out of the mouths of babes.... how funny! And your little Ashley is ADORABLE!

Jamie Lynn said...

LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! He's a smart little cookie! That is so funny......at least he's honest! I would have said the same thing! hee hee Have you tried that Jessica Seinfeld book yet? I heard it's really good.....just haven't attempted it myself. That picture is too cute. She is already getting so big and I still haven't seen her yet. boo hoo

Wendy said...

That's a good answer Luke. I'm going to have to use it in the future!

And unlike every other mother I know, I don't mind that show at all. I kind of like it. Guess it reminds me of all my weird theatre friends or something.

I love the little Mowgli smile. She is so adorable.

Jason & Claire said...

Oh no he didn't! That boy is one-of-a-kind! Your picture of Ashley is beautiful.

Growin' Like Weeds said...

Laughing at Luke, what a case!!!
Ashley's picture is adorable...there is something about baby #3, it's like they are just laughing at us, I think tyler is laughing at me all the time.

It's Been a Day! said...

yeah that show is pretty much the weirdest show, except for telly tubies!! i love that picture of ashley. what a sweetie.

lisa said...

OK, I found your blog through Heather's! Your kids are so adorable (and so smart!) Its fun to see your cute family again.

Brooke said...

Hi Jessica! This is Brooke :) Your baby is beautiful and your other kids are so cute and getting so big! I'm glad I was able to find your blog off of Heather's.

Chandra said...

That show is wierd, my kids have caught it once or twice while on break. Try letting him cook the veggies himself. My kids will almost always eat what they've helped prepare and they have fun doing it. That baby is too cute!!!

Jodi said...

Luke certainly proves that not eating vegetables do not interfere with intelligence. What a cute story!

g said...

What a little angel! That is definitely a smile :)

Kirsten said...

That is so cute! You're a good mom trying to get those kids to eat the veggies. I can't even get my husband to eat veggies, so you know I can't get my kids to.

chanel said...

whoa, that kid is quick! how funny! and Ashley is sooo cute!!!

ok, I need your email send it to me ryanchanel@msn.com

And the good news, if Holly hasn't told you already, is we're having baby #3!!!! Sooooooo unbelievable!!! YAY!!