Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Family Reunion in Pictures

The kids were great in the car, both to and from Utah. The older two watched movies and this sweet baby stared and smiled at her toys and slept most of the time.




We went to Hogle Zoo and the weather was in the 60s with a little rainstorm. It was crazy wearing sweatshirts and jeans in June. The kids loved the animals, but I think they loved the playground the most. My brother thought it might be fun to see what a turtle feels like and Katelyn wasn't sure about the twisty slide.
(Plus we ran into a blogging celebrity(my sister-in-law)and her family. It was a great surprise.)

This little one figured out how to suck her thumb (with a little help from grandma). I'm not so sure about this. I am pushing for the binky instead.




We had so much fun playing in grandma and grandpa's backyard. We played baseball, drew pictures with sidewalk chalk, played with bubbles, jumped on the trampoline, ate dry cereal out of a cup (Katelyn thought that was so fun), and played on the swing set. There were also some basketball games and several rounds of horse shoes. Luke and his little cousin would swing on this glider forever. Luke called him "little brother" or "little bro." for short.


We also toured the Sweets Candy Factory in Salt Lake and sported some cool hairnets. I didn't have my camera with me, but if someone in my family wants to email me one, that would be great. :) It was a fun thing to see and we loaded up on the candy, especially the salt water taffy.


The kids had a fun time (even though Katelyn doesn't appear to being having fun in the picture) playing with their cousins. Katelyn is 10 days older than her cousin she is sitting with in the stroller. Luke and his two girl cousins were all born in the same year.


4 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

I'm sure there wasn't a shortage of good times during the reunion. THe cottrells always know how to have a good time. And i'm sure watching eric get in and out of that turtle would have made me wet my pants!

Jodi said...

Love her blessing dress. How neat that all her uncles were there. Playing with cousins is always fun.
Did you experience shock coming home to much higher temps?

TheOneTrueSue said...

Hee hee, I'm a celebrity. (My husband is going to laugh when he reads that - I'm sure he'll tell you not to encourage me.) It was so funny seeing you at the zoo. It was so out of context I had to look at you for a second to make it work in my head, tee hee. But Jake was just like, oh, of COURSE Luke's here. Why wouldn't he be here? :>

I was sorry we couldn't stay in Utah for the blessing on Sunday (we went home on Saturday night).

Megs said...

That looks like such a good time. I am so glad you all got to get together. The Blessing looks like it was a really special day. Can you believe you have 3 kids!!