Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Blessing


Ashley was blessed at my parent's home while we were up in Utah. We decided to bless her in Utah at my family's reunion because all of my brothers would be there to participate. I have five brothers and I am the only girl. I realized that this was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity for all of my brothers to be there since we don't all live close to each other. Kevin's mom and his youngest brother were also able to be there. It was a special experience and Kevin gave Ashley a beautiful blessing.
And of course, I have to post some pictures...



If anyone knows how to get an almost 2 year old to smile, let me know. I do have to give Katelyn the benefit of the doubt because she was tired and sick, but I don't think she smiled in any of the pictures I took while we were in Utah.










The grandparents.







My brothers.












The uncles and grandpa.

14 comments:

Amanda said...

How neat to have the whole family together! She is such a beautiful baby.

It's Been a Day! said...

She looked so pretty on her big deal! I bet it was such a great experience to have everyone be there. Everyone looks amazing.

Me said...

It's great that your whole family all got to be there for one of your baby's blessings. And Mom & Michael being close enough to come, too. how nice.
The picture with your brothers is so sweet!

Kasey said...

Wow, looks like you have a really fun time, jammed-packed with activities. I love the picture of you with your brothers. That's so great there were all there for the blessing.

Alida B. said...

What a special expereince for all your brothers to be there to participate! Thats awesome!! She is just beautiful in her blessing dress! :)

TheOneTrueSue said...

What great pictures. She is so beautiful.

Krista said...

She's beautiful!! What a pretty dress.

aniC said...

whoever took those pictures did a great job (c: just kidding.
even though katelyn wasn't smiling in the pictures, she sure does look cute in the one with the parents.
i'm glad we all got to be there for the blessing.

Growin' Like Weeds said...

Jessi, you look so pretty!! So did Ashley, and I loved seeing the pics of all your family.

Heather said...

She looks so precious in her dress. Looks like you guys had a great time up here in Utah!

Jason & Claire said...

She looks gorgeous. That's great that your whole family was there for that. You look great!

Kerry and Dave said...

That is so neat that you were able to have all 5 of your brothers bless her; your parents must have LOVED that! And Ashley looked SO cute! I love that white how on her head! It was so good to hear your voice the other day :)

Carol said...

I'm with you in the 5 brothers family...and the only girl! That's so awesome they could all be there for the big event. That IS an accomplishment.

And baby, of course, looks adorable!

Amy said...

I love her blessing dress and bow! She is so cute!