Sunday, July 6, 2008

Learning from Others

I can't remember how I came across this blog, but I have seen it linked on several other blogs recently. Every time I read it I am so amazed at this mother's faith, strength and the way she expresses herself. I am usually in tears after reading it.
I am learning so much from her about not taking my children for granted and to focus on the little things. In one of her posts she encouraged the readers to record the little things our children are doing right now. So over the next couple of days that is exactly what I want to do. Take the time to write down the little things, not always the cute things, but the little things each of my kids are doing. She also said to "cherish the little things." I want to do just that.

5 comments:

Krista said...

Wow, Jess!!! You know how to make me cry! I can't quit balling. That little girl is just too close to Jordyn's age!! It makes me just want to go love on my girls.

Amanda said...

Thanks for posting that Jess! I was in tears as well. So many times lately I've been thinking about how hard it is to be a mom and why my kids do certain things. I was at church and my husband wasn't there and they were poking each other and really getting on my nerves! Reading that blog really made me appreciate what a gift motherhood is. I should cherish even the times when they are exasperating.

Me said...

I have heard so much about that blog lately, and have started reading it, too. She is really an inspiration, isn't she?

Wendy said...

I've been reading that blog myself, and it is so heartbreaking, yet so uplifting. I cannot imagine how that woman is functioning, let alone blogging- but I'm glad she is.

Heather said...

That is such a good idea. I want to do that with my kids too. And thanks for the new blog to read. She is such an inspiration.