Monday, July 7, 2008

The Little Things-Katelyn at almost 2

  • She has been talking so much more lately. Here are her latest words and phrases...
    • "here you go" whenever she gives you something
    • "he's sad" when she sees someone crying
    • "I sticky" after eating anything that gets her hands dirty
    • "you wan a kiss"
    • "you wan a hug"
    • "i dun know" when you ask her where something might be
    • "I wan brush teeth"
    • "I wan a tookie" (cookie)
    • "uh oh she pooed" when Ashley has a stinky diaper
  • The other day she was singing Ring Around The Rosies by herself and when it got to the part "ashes, ashes" she said "Ashley, Ashley".
  • She has been a good big sister and nice to Ashley until today. She decided to hit and poke. She felt bad after when Ashley cried hard and she got a time out. She has been nice since then.
  • She is a momma's girl especially when I need to pay attention to Ashley.
  • If I sit next to her she always wants my arm around her. If I don't put it around her she lifts my arm and tries to do it herself.
  • She loves to sing and dance. She can sing and do the actions to Popcorn Popping, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, and Book of Mormon Stories.
  • She also loves to sing I Am A Child of God; Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star; and the ABCs.
  • She is starting to figure out the concept of sharing.
  • (She was sharing her dolls with her sleeping sister.)
  • She loves the TV show Hi-5 because there is lots of singing and dancing.
  • She could watch Hi-5 all day long and cries for more when it ends.
  • She sat and watched Hi-5 and let me french braid her hair in two braids.
  • She can count to 10.
  • When you ask her the color of something her first response is usually purple then blue.
  • She knows the sign language for mommy, daddy, baby, cereal, milk, bath, story, ball, drink, friend, and eat. She learned all of these from the Baby Einstein Sign language DVD.
  • She likes to mimic me...brushing teeth, putting on makeup, changing a diaper, putting on deodorant.(Here she is using her play doh tool like deodorant.)
  • She stills sleeps with a binky and her little pink bear blanket. She is only supposed to get it in her crib, but often sneaks upstairs and gets it out of her crib.
  • She has the highest pitched scream and usually lets it loose when I am not expecting it. Like in church!
  • She used to eat everything, but has become more picky these days.
  • She likes to be a helper.
  • She has just started giving the best hugs.
  • She loves to color and has decorated a few of our walls. She wants to use markers and gets upset when I won't let her.
  • She loves to make messes.
  • She loves to read books and has just started "reading" them to herself.


I Love My Katelyn!

5 comments:

Me said...

Kate is such a little smarty!! All that sign language is impressive! And I think she is going to be a rock star with her love of Hi-5. I love your list, this is a fun age when they blossom so much. Good job writing some of the things down.

aniC said...

katelyn is the best. she's so cute and funny. even if it does take her a while to warm up to her uncles (c:

Wendy said...

She already knows her ABCs? Talk about too smart for her own good. And what the heck is Hi-5?

Jess said...

Wendy, Hi-5 comes on at 7am on TLC and it is a group of 5 people that sing, dance, and do skits. She absolutely LOVES it. Actually today she threw a fit when I finally said no more HI-5 (we have it recorded).

Wendy said...

Well, Jess, now I know why I've never heard of it: it's on at 7 am. Yeesh!