Monday, July 7, 2008

The Little Things-Luke at 4 1/2 years old

  • I'm not sure what character he will be from day to day. Today he was a Transformer right after breakfast and then decided he wanted to be a "Superhero kid". He could pretend all day long.(I think he may have been a Transformer on the day I took this picture or maybe it was a Superhero.)

  • He wants to do what is right, but sometimes has a hard time controlling himself.
  • He loves to play computer games with his dad.
  • The other day we both said "yea" at the same time and he thought it was great. He later came up to me and said, "Mom, that was a coincidence (I don't even know how to spell it.) that we both said "yea"."
  • He still sleeps with his blue blanket.
  • In the past year he likes to have a big pillow next to him when he is sleeping.
  • He loves Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast and "honey nut sandwiches" (peanut butter and honey) for lunch.
  • He never likes what I fix for dinner and will usually complain.
(This is the type of face I get when I tell him what we are having for dinner.)
  • He LOVES his baby sister and always wants to have a picture taken with her.
  • He is great at entertaining his sisters and is a big help that way.
  • He can memorize really well and memorized the theme for primary.
  • He wishes he could talk in the microphone every Sunday in primary or have it be his turn ALL the time.
  • He loves having books read to him. He will usually pick a long book and will sit through the whole thing.
  • He loves playing with friends and hates when it is time to go home.
  • He loves to swing and would swing all day on the glider if it wasn't so hot outside.
  • He is into Star Wars right now and wants to watch the movies every day. (This makes his dad proud.)
  • He likes writing the letters of the alphabet and wants to know how to spell everything.
  • All day long I hear "Mom, watch this move. Watch me do this."
  • He is curious about everything and asks lots of questions. He listens to my conversations with other people and then wants to know details. I need to be careful what I say around him. :)
  • He loves to earn his good boy tickets and gets so excited when he gets 10. Then he can't wait to do something extra fun or pick a new toy under $10. Recently he picked a new Transformer and has played with it a ton and even took it to bed with him.
  • He is working on controlling his emotions and not whining and crying when things don't go his way.
  • He likes to tell people that Katelyn is not a baby, she is a "tot-ler".

I Love My Luke!

6 comments:

aniC said...

awww...luke is so great!

Kasey said...

So cute...so many of those things I thought "Trevor is the same way." No wonder they get along so well!

Amanda said...

How cute! My five year old Josh never likes what I make for dinner either. I'm sure he could make a similar face :)

Anonymous said...

Recording these things is wonderful. Someday they will want to know what they were like as little kids, and you will have a good record. I wish I had done that.

Me said...

Dang, he memorized the primary theme? He's such a smart kid! I loooove the picture of his grimace face! haha Luke is such a sweet big brother, too!

Wendy said...

I love that he said coincidence. Way to throw out a $5 word, Luke!