Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I am blessed with a wonderful mother and mother-in law. I am in awe of these two amazing woman.
My mom had six kids in 8 1/2 years. She gave birth to 3 of the 6 kids in the Middle East while we were living over there. She gave birth to 1 child in Salt Lake while my dad had to stay overseas and had two small children already. Along with my dad, she traveled the world with 5 small children ( I seriously don't know how she did that. I can barely drive to Utah and keep my sanity.) She has served faithfully in all of her church callings and has always been an example of trusting in the Lord and serving others. She is one of my heroes.



(This picture was taken a couple of years ago, but I love it so I decided to post it.)
My mother-in-law has raised 9 children, yep that's right 9. I seriously don't know how she has done it. She has been through a lot in her life and remains so strong and faithful. She is a kindergarten teacher with this being her last year of teaching. I wish my kids could have had her as a teacher. She is someone I look up to and admire.



I am so grateful to be a mother to these three cuties. Motherhood is not easy and I struggle most days to be a good mom. It is because of the great examples of mothers in my life that I keep plugging along and try to do my best in this most important job. Thank you to them for their help, support, and encouragement.

9 comments:

Doralee said...

Amen to your sentiments about your Mom. My Mom had six children under 9 years old as well. She is so amazing. I hope you had a great Mother's Day! ~Doralee

Amy said...

so true Jessie, both amazing ladies!!! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, I think you are an awesome mom.

It's Been a Day! said...

You do have an amazing mother. I'm in shock at all she did. I think of all of the sisters anda ll they did. I'm no where near capable of doing anything they have done!! You are a wonderful mother as well Jess. Happy Mother's day.

cottrell1 said...

I love you, Jess!

TheOneTrueSue said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Kerry and Dave said...

I love that picture of you thronged in your children. You look great! I can't believe your mom had 6 kids in 8 1/2 years. Holy Schmolly! My hats off to her!

Winter mama said...

Since i meet you i always have love you mom even when i meet her not so long ago she is such a great example you always talk wonderful things about her. Also you are such an awesome mom i hope you had a good mothers day!! Love you.

Marlise said...

You're a great mother! I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the sweet compliments, Jessica. I think you are a great mom to those darling children. Happy Mothers' Day to you.