Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Disneyland Fun



We decided to brave Disneyland for our family vacation this year. We thought it would be a great time to go because Katelyn and Ashley were still free. We did have a great time and came home exhausted!

Highlights and lessons learned from the trip:
  • Stayed in a suite for the first time and it was so worth the little bit of extra money
  • Ashley had her meltdowns in the hotel before heading to the park
  • Katelyn only had one major meltdown
  • Luke was braver than I thought and loved the roller coasters. Katelyn also loved the little roller coaster in toontown.
  • (This was Luke right after riding a roller coaster at CA adventure.)
  • Katelyn did not like the characters and would not take a picture with any of them.
  • The weather was hot on Thursday, but there were hardly any lines.
  • The weather was nice on Friday, but the lines were longer.
  • Never spend the money on pizza at CA adventure again
  • Don't go on the swinging carts on the ferris wheel again. They scared Ashley and I, Katelyn thought it was so funny to be swinging back and forth.
  • Favorite Rides: Buzz Lightyear, Toontown Roller Coaster, It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, Monsters Inc., and Toy Story
  • Katelyn and Luke were pulled out in the Celebrate parade to dance and they loved it. Katelyn kept wanting to go the "party" again.
  • Ashley thought she was such a big girl and would walk in the lines like everyone else.
  • Frozen strawberry lemonade is the best treat on a hot day.
  • The water and snacks we brought were lifesavers.
  • Hand sanitizer is a must!
  • Time together at a fun place with family is the BEST!
  • Our double jogging stroller was so nice and at times would hold all three kids.



(Video of Luke and Katelyn dancing in the parade.)

16 comments:

aniC said...

how cute! luke did such a good job imitating the dance moves, and katelyn has some good moves too (c:
it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. that's great.

Greg said...

i love disneyland. it looks like you had a great time. evie, al and i enjoyed looking at all the pics. thanks for posting.

Doralee said...

Gee! Makes me want to go. I miss Mickey Mouse! Your kids are so adorable.

Amy said...

That looks like such a great time! I want to go! I am so impressed that the kids got out there and danced in the parade that was so cute. What a fun trip. I can't wait to take our kids to Disney, but I guess we will probably go to Disneyworld since it is closer.

TheOneTrueSue said...

What a great trip - Disneyland is so much more fun with kids, isn't it?

Kirsten said...

What a fun family vacation. I LOVE
Disneyland! It's nice having a suite isn't it. It's been a looong time since we were able to just getaway with a regular room. WE just don't fit. I love the video of the kids dancing, and the strawberry lemonade slushies are sooo good, huh? There are just certain treats that you MUST get at Disneyland.

Debbie and Cory said...

What a fun family vacation!!!

Anonymous said...

Ashley is walking all alone! What a fun trip. Wish I could have been there.

Kerry and Dave said...

I had an Annual Pass to Disneyland the entire time I lived in California and LOVED it!!!!! We went all the time and I can't wait for another year or two when my kids are a better "Disney age" to take them. so much fun! I loved that video. Looks like you had a blast!

Amanda said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I'm impressed that you did that trip with a 1 year old.

Jason & Claire said...

Is that picture of Luke after going on the BIG coaster in California Adventure? Brave! And, I'm in total agreement with you on that rocking ferris wheel ride. They scared my kids to death! And it looked like a sweet little ferris wheel. Glad you had such a great vacation. Love the pictures.

Winter mama said...

How fun... Your kids are very good dancers. Katelyn looks so growing up.

Emilee said...

Wow! your kids are so cute. I got your blog adress from my mom. Hope you don't mind me looking! <3

Heather said...

Cute pics! I love Disney and nothing is better than a little family time!

Wendy said...

FUN! But I have a question- what do you do with your stroller when you're on a ride? We haven't been to Disneyland with the kidlet, and I have so many questions about logistics. But it does seem fun.

Jess said...

Wendy, you just leave your stroller with all the other millions of strollers and just go on the rides. It was easy and nothing was taken. I did take my camera with me and any money on the rides, but that was it.