We decided to brave Disneyland for our family vacation this year. We thought it would be a great time to go because Katelyn and Ashley were still free. We did have a great time and came home exhausted!
Highlights and lessons learned from the trip:
- Stayed in a suite for the first time and it was so worth the little bit of extra money
- Ashley had her meltdowns in the hotel before heading to the park
- Katelyn only had one major meltdown
- Luke was braver than I thought and loved the roller coasters. Katelyn also loved the little roller coaster in toontown.
- (This was Luke right after riding a roller coaster at CA adventure.)
- Katelyn did not like the characters and would not take a picture with any of them.
- The weather was hot on Thursday, but there were hardly any lines.
- The weather was nice on Friday, but the lines were longer.
- Never spend the money on pizza at CA adventure again
- Don't go on the swinging carts on the ferris wheel again. They scared Ashley and I, Katelyn thought it was so funny to be swinging back and forth.
- Favorite Rides: Buzz Lightyear, Toontown Roller Coaster, It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, Monsters Inc., and Toy Story
- Katelyn and Luke were pulled out in the Celebrate parade to dance and they loved it. Katelyn kept wanting to go the "party" again.
- Ashley thought she was such a big girl and would walk in the lines like everyone else.
- Frozen strawberry lemonade is the best treat on a hot day.
- The water and snacks we brought were lifesavers.
- Hand sanitizer is a must!
- Time together at a fun place with family is the BEST!
- Our double jogging stroller was so nice and at times would hold all three kids.
(Video of Luke and Katelyn dancing in the parade.)