Monday, April 12, 2010

Two!

My baby went from this...


to this...

to this...in just two years!


How can it be? Those 2 years flew!

Ashley's birthday was on April 3rd. She woke up to balloons and streamers decorating the kitchen. Her day continued with a fun Easter egg hunt at a friend's house,

a Hi-5 cake (this is my lifesaver show when I have had enough of the whining and crying, Katelyn also loves this show and had a hi-5 cake on her 2nd b-day too),

a couple of presents with the crawling, talking baby being her favorite,
and then for dinner we headed out for McDonald's to get her favorite fries! :)
Here are some things about Ashley at 2 years old:
  • talks really well
  • loves to sing songs
  • loves her baby dolls and loves real babies
  • cries HARD when she doesn't get what she wants
  • the whiniest(is that a word?) 2 year old
  • loves to eat snacks all day
  • tries really hard to be like the big kids
  • loves gum
  • still a big time mama's girl
  • says "I hold you" when she wants me to hold her (I hear this all day long :) )
  • likes to do things herself...put on her shoes, take off her clothes, pour her cereal, brush her teeth, get a drink of water, etc. She usually likes to do these things by herself when I need her to hurry, but when I have the time to let her try it she doesn't want to do it.
  • we think she is pretty cute and that is what helps us get through the whining and crying:)
  • she would swing outside all day if someone was willing to stand outside and listen to her say "higher" over and over again while pushing her higher and higher
  • she has an opinion about what she wears, but mommy's choice in clothes still wins at this point
  • she loves to read stories
We love our Ashley!!!

"The princess knows who's boss, and it's not the king and queen."
(There could not be a truer statement when it comes to Ashley).
We love this girl and all her spunk!

8 comments:

aniC said...

I'm with you...how can it be that those 2 years went so quickly!?
She is such a little princess and being a princess myself, I don't see what's wrong with knowing what you want and throwing a fit if you don't get it :) JK!
p.s. I LOVE her birthday outfit!

Amy said...

I can't believe it either, Happy birthday Miss Ashley, i love her cute face and her spunk! I loved the part about "I hold you" It made me laugh because all my kids say that too. Somedays i just want to be like "yes, can you please hold me, I would love someone is carry me around the house:)"

Carol said...

"i hold you", Jack used to say the same thing! She is SOOOOOOOO stinkin' cute! and that dress, i wish i had a little girl to put that on! Happy birthday to her!!!

cottrell1 said...

Cute post, Jess. You described her to a "t". She is a sweetheart. I can't believe she is 2 years old!

Doralee said...

Oh, she is so sweet!! It's only been a couple of weeks and I already miss being in nursery with her. Happy Birthday to Ashley!

It's Been a Day! said...

2 years already? i seriously can't believe that. she's SO adorable. Loving the hi-5 cake. Such a favorite show in our house! And we have the same taste in target dresses. Avery has the same one! i love it!

Unknown said...

She is so cute! And she sounds like Logan's twin. He is the exact same. My boys are SO excited to have your kids over on Saturday! Trevor said, "It's going to be the most fun day ever!"

Anonymous said...

She's a doll...albeit a strong-willed one. I love her to pieces!