Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The SUPERS



(pictures taken a year and a half ago)

Luke loves the new PBS cartoon Super Why. With Luke's great imagination and creativity he often pretends he is a superhero. After seeing this cartoon a few times he has decided he is Super Kid. He has also made me Super Mommy(don't I wish) and Katelyn, Super Baby. I guess Daddy doesn't get to be a Super because he is usually at work when this pretending is going on.
Along with being Super we also have powers. These are the powers Luke thought of all by himself...(just imagine Luke saying these in an announcer's voice while progressively getting louder)
"Super Kid has the power to move his brain." (Huh?)
"Super Mommy has the power to eat." (No kidding!)
"Super Baby has the power to scoot." (I wish that power would turn into a walk.)


14 comments:

Amanda said...

What a cute kid! What he said about Super Mommy reminds me of something Rachel put in a book about me at school "My mommy likes to sleep!" It's kind of funny what kids think of us! Sounds like he has a fun imagination.

Jamie said...

Too cute! I love to see kids using their imaginations in fun ways. How much fun is that. Hey, at least he's made you a Super woman.....that's awesome!

Heather said...

I love hearing what kids come up with. It totally cracks me up that his super power is to move his brain. SUPER cute!

aniC said...

i wish i had the power to move my brain. (c: he's so funny.

Wendy said...

"Super Mommy has the power to eat"! that kid is hilarious. Doesn't he know that Super Mommy is growing another Super?

TheOneTrueSue said...

Ha ha ha ha I share your power, Jess.

He is so cute. Kevin used to go around the house CONSTANTLY in a cape. Pajamas and a cape. I think I have a picture of that somewhere, I will have to find it.

Jess said...

Sue, I would love a copy of the picture if you find it.

Unknown said...

If only eating could save the world

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess - we have the same super power!

Erica said...

How cute is he? I love that Super Mommy has the power to eat! HAha, that was a good giggle for me!

Marlise said...

I love it! Very official! That is a classic story! :)

Damien Stepick said...

Is Kevin aware that Luke stole his outfit?

Megs said...

That is awesome. I want some super powers. Let me know if he comes up with any for me.

Me said...

You have the power to eat, AND make some mean chicken enchiladas! Thank you again. You are the best!!