Monday, October 22, 2007

Not a Baby Anymore

Over the past month Katelyn has been doing things that make me realize she really isn't a baby anymore. Now some of the things she has learned to do are a little late compared to other children, but I'm just happy she finally figured it out. Here are some of her latest things...

I can put her hair in pigtails!!!



She loves the computer and has figured out the mouse is an important part and loves to click away.



She loves to empty out any cupboard that has yet to have a safety lock on it
(The important cabinets already have locks but I am ready to put them on every cupboard.)



She loves to wear "bracelets" and thinks she is so pretty when I help her put them on her wrists.



She is climbing the stairs and would do it all day if I let her. We are still working on how to come down the stairs.


And finally...
(please ignore my not so patient way of telling Luke he is in the way. :) )

17 comments:

Kerry and Dave said...

It was very patient -- you said please every time! And by the way, while I know this wasn't the point of all of those cute pictures, I just have to say that I love your hard wood floors!

Krista said...

I am barely able to put pigtails in Makenna's hair and she's two and a half!!!

Me said...

Aaaahh! She is walking so well! Nathan is taking about 10 steps at a time now. Yay for walking babies!!! She really does look so much older now.

TheOneTrueSue said...

OH my gosh!!! YAY!!! I can't believe she is so big already. I sound like an old lady, but it goes SO fast, doesn't it? Eeeeek. Hooray for Katelyn!

TheOneTrueSue said...

And thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog.

aniC said...

she is so cute!
although, i miss seeing the scooting. that was so entertaining.

sodapop said...

adorable. luke, please move.

Jamie said...

Ok, seriously you are WAY more patient than me if that isn't patient! HA! She is soooooo adorable! LOVE the pigtails! We need to see you guys soon.

Amanda said...

What a cute little girl! Congratulations on the walking! My kids always took a long time to walk too.

Heather said...

She is a cutie!! I love the pigtails and the bracelets!

And I think I need lessons from you on being patient, because of that was you NOT being patient, then I am in a sad, sad state! :)

greg & allyson said...

yea for katelyn! she is looking even more grown up than a few weeks ago. you know we love a good pigtail.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Katelyn! She will be running by Christmas. I am excited to see all of you then.

Wendy said...

A comparison:
An unpatient Jess: Luke, please move.
An unpatient Wendy: Julianne Elizabeth! Moooove. NOW.

I think you win the patience contest. Katelyn is getting SO big. She is so adorable.

Damien Stepick said...

Wendy beat me to the punch, but I agree that is the most stern voice I have ever heard from Jessica... "Luke, please move."

And yes it would've been, "Julianne Elizabeth MOVE NOW.... PLEASSSSSSSSSSEEEEE?!?!?!?!?!?!!?" in our house;)

chanel said...

Soooo cute! You have the sweetest voice EVER! Don't you just love the baby pigtail stage!!!!

It's Been a Day! said...

she is so darling and getting so big. i saw you last year at this time and she i can't believe how fast the year has gone by. i love the video and hearing your voice. and trust me, that's more patient than i am!!

Jess said...

Okay, I went back and listened to myself again and it was more patient then I thought. But believe me people, I am surprised I said "please", because usually it would have been "MOVE!!!".