Monday, October 1, 2007

Letting Out Some Frustrations

Last Thursday and Friday it was so beautiful outside in the mornings. So after I put Katelyn down for her morning nap Luke and I went out into the backyard. We don't have much of a backyard to play in yet, but this hill of dirt was all he needed. He loved pounding away at that hill and I couldn't help but think that it probably felt good to him to pound away his frustrations. He probably wasn't thinking that, but he was a much happier kid when we came back inside. Maybe I should have been the one on the hill pounding away. :)


We had a good day today. No major problems. I am trying to be more calm, consistent, and focus on the positive. AAAAH, it's not easy, but it worked today. Here's hoping tomorrow is a good day too!

10 comments:

Wendy said...

It's amazing what a tiny change of scenery can do- even if it's just into the backyard. Glad to hear that today went well. Here's to a repeat performance tomorrow!

It's Been a Day! said...

I think I could use that sand hill as well! Luke looks so cute playing out there.

aniC said...

that's so funny. maybe this should be a daily activity (c:

Anonymous said...

Sunshine and a shovel...who could ask for more! I'm glad things went better.

Jamie said...

Sometimes that's all they need or want is just some extra attention and most of the time it's as easy as a dirt hill! Too bad we don't have time to do it EVERY day, huh? I'm glad you are having an easier time, you need a break...

Kerry and Dave said...

New discovery.... just always keep a pile of dirt handy! That, and count down the days until he starts school :)

Heather said...

Sometimes I wish that I could just go play in a pile of dirt and make life all happy again. Good discovery!

TheOneTrueSue said...

Why do kids love dirt so much?! I've gotta say, I can't imagine you ever needing to calm down. You seem so calm and unflappable.

Jess said...

Sue, I've got you fooled I guess. :) I used to think of myself as pretty patient, not anymore. These last few months I have been anything but patient. I am going to blame it on hormones. :)

TheOneTrueSue said...

Well, and having two tiny kids is difficult. Having two tiny kids and being pregnant is VERY difficult. Hang in there.