Friday, June 22, 2007

An Interview about Daddy

This was an idea I stole from someone else and thought I would try it with Luke. (However, some of the questions are my own. :) ) This was supposed to be posted for Father's day, but I am just getting to it now. Better late than never, I guess.

Luke's (3 yrs. old) interview about his daddy:
What is your daddy's name? Kevin and Daddy Spiderman

How old is your daddy? I don't know. Take a guess. UUUM....four.

How tall is your daddy? a lot of tall

What color are your daddy's eyes? blue

Is your daddy strong? Yeah! How strong? like this (and than
shows his muscle)
Where does daddy work? (hesitating) uuh, work What does he do at work? gets something... that's always fun!

Does daddy ever get mad at you? Yes

Why does he get mad? because I hit sometimes


What does daddy do when he gets mad at you? Calls the police and puts me in time out.

What fun things do you like to do with daddy? play games, play toys, go to Home Depot

What is daddy good at doing? playing games What else? opening doors (this made me laugh out loud, it is important to be good at opening doors :) )

Is daddy your best friend? Yes!

Why do you love daddy? Because I do! (Well said!)


We love our daddy! He is the hardest worker, so fun, willing to do anything for us, a worthy priesthood holder, and the best daddy!

18 comments:

Heather said...

This is a cute idea! It's so fun to hear what kids think. And I am glad that he is such a good door opener, nothing is more important these days! Ha ha!

It's Been a Day! said...

That was so fun to read! I think I'll have to wait a year before doing that with Tyson, but I think it's a great idea! Luke is a doll!

Jamie said...

So much fun! I had to laugh at the Home Depot comment since my girls HATE Home Depot! What a great memory.

Me said...

dang, Kevin goes a bit far with the punishments! the police?! loosen up!
This was so, so cute! Luke looks so big in the picture with Kevin. Great idea.

Ryan said...

hey I always see your commetns on Holly's blog so I am glad to see your blog and see your cute kids! I think the last time I saw you, you were pregnant with your daughter! She is a doll!!!

This interview is precious!!!

TheOneTrueSue said...

LOL, Daddy Spiderman... (Why?)

Why is Kevin the only one that got "a lot of tall?"

Very cute.

Amanda said...

How cute! Luke looks like such a little Cottrell.

Jess said...

Holly-yeah, I'm going to have to talk to Kevin about the police calling, I wasn't aware of that. :)
Sue-I'm not sure why Luke calls Kevin "Daddy Spiderman". I think he just likes spiderman and wishes his dad could shoot webs and swing from building to building.

Kerry and Dave said...

My favorite is "a lot of tall." Out of the mouths of babes.... Cute idea!

Damien Stepick said...

That was so freaking funny!!!! Home Depot and opening doors get the first place prize for best answers, but coming in a close second is Kevin calling the police.... that is so so funny.

Great blog Jess!

shaniqua said...

that is SO cute! when i was in primary, we did something the primary program where we asked kids questions to put on the program we handed out. my kids were 4, and the answers were so cute, and funny, and just straight forward. love it.

Anonymous said...

That is really darling! I think I'll do that with my kindergarten kids. Yep, we do need someone who can open doors (what is the saying? "When a window closes, a door opens" or something.) Spiderman? I thought Kevin was Luke Skywalker??

Wendy said...

Heehee, Luke is such a funny kid. Can't wait to read what kaitlyn will say in a few years!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Jess said...

Can anyone translate that last comment I got? I could pick out a few things from my spanish but not enough to fully understand it.

meredith said...

wish I could translate but I can only pick out a few words here and there. I thought the interview was so cute!!

TheOneTrueSue said...

16 comments? A new Hutchings family record, hee hee

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,

I was spending a morning of blog stalking, and I have to say this is the CUTEST! blog that I have ever read! What personality he has!